Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Running and Fandoms

Time to confess. Linking up with ALL THE PEOPLE this week, hashtag style.


Inadvertently copying Tracy, let's start with a few running/race related confessions:

// I swore I would never run a Rock N Roll Race because it was a for-profit race and because EVERYONE wanted to run RNR and #ihavetobedifficult, blah blah blah.  Well, RNR had a $45 off flash sale for the half marathon registration fee making it only $57 (after fees).  Guess who's running RNR Raleigh in April ?



//  Since I'll be in Jersey next week eating all the things with family, I need to make sure I don't slack off since I only have 2 runs during the week.  Which means I'm trying to create 4 mile routes in my hometown that give me an awesome running route while avoiding anyone I could possibly know.  #smalltownproblems

// I printed out my race spreadsheet and forced asked B to help me get my training plan together since I'm basically running a race every weekend in March and April.  Since I want it burned into my brain, I'm working on copying it to my paper planner and adding it to my google calendar because I would rather focus on non-work related things. #sorrynotsorry



// I've broken down my race fee registration into paychecks.  For instance, I know that I can sign up for Tobacco Road with my next paycheck and St. Paddy's Day 8K the paycheck after that.

// Speaking of paychecks, it's taking all of my energy not to use my savings to buy a ticket to Wizard World and go see all my favorite Doctor Who cast.  I'm trying to convice myself that I need a roof over my head more than being in the same room as the Ponds (including River). #adultingsucks


// I have a fandom addiction.  I've developed this terrible habit of binging shows I've already seen on Netflix.  There's like, a billion shows to watch but I've got a solid rotation of White Collar, Doctor Who, Firefly & Friends. I'm actually hoarding all the new episodes of Once Upon A Time so I can watch them all at once.  I'm also gearing up to re-watch Sherlock in time for the New Year's Day release.  And then quote them relentlessly because #thatswhatpeopledo. 


// I'm obsessed with this shop because it blends my two addictions quite nicely.



Linking up with all these awesome people this week:

#Hashtaghumpday @ Genuinely Lauren


Alanna & Company


More Coffee Less Talky

What do you have to confess ?

7 comments

  1. Thanks for linking up! I had no idea Rock and Roll was a for profit race :( I really want to sign up for a half-marathon to kick my butt into shape but it's daunting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of races! Once Upon a TIme is like 9 seasons...I wish I had checked before I started watching it on Netflix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm obsessed with Look Human too! I want all the things! I wish it was a little more affordable though. You sound like a busy girl with all these races - send me some motivation so I can get off my butt and get back to running would ya?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for races! Honestly, RnR wasn't a bad race. We were pretty disappointed with the finish line arrangements, but it wouldn't have been an issue if it weren't pouring rain and 40ยบ. I would do another, probably, but only if I got a discount like you managed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, races get to be expensive, don't they?! I love Look Human!!! I am constantly stalking their site and dreaming about all the shirts that I want to buy. I do have a few but I want more! I want them all!!!

    I started watching Once Upon a Time this past summer. Think I got to season 2 or 3 but my husband just wasnt on board so we quit. I really miss it and I want to watch it again!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah!!! So many races coming up for you next year!! I'm excited for you! I really like that triwizard tank! Just about every time I run when I'm at my parent's house I see someone I know or someone in a car sees me, it never fails.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, $57 is a really good deal! i would totally have signed up.
    love look human! i have that i don't know why i am running in a tank lol
    i have met karen gillan and matt smith, and i saw the rory guy from afar (meh). i would pay all the money to see River, DT and Billie Piper though. Actually, no i wouldn't because that's what they are asking for and holy expensive lol

    ReplyDelete

You make my heart happy when you leave me comments ! I respond to all of them via email :) Thanks for being a rockstar !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Design + Developed by Blog Boutique