Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Spring Race Countown

I've been absent from the blogging world for some time but I wanted to make sure I came back for Training for Tuesday !

alyssagoesbang

As of right now, I have 4 races coming up this spring.
If you go all the way back here you'll notice that I was trying to gear up for the Tobacco Road Half Marathon.  I signed up ANNDDD then got sick. And I totally could have trained and made it happen but with my longest run being 6 miles, I decided to find someone to transfer my bib to.  I've got 4 other races and I'd rather be smart than sorry.

I have an appointment with my PT tonight because my dumb hip has decided to be a butt head.  I've backed off on the running and will see what Dr. Jess says tonight but hopefully I'll be back hitting the pavement by this weekend.




My favorite part of training ? Barre. I've been going to Barre Up! for a month now and I never want to stop.  I want to go all day, everyday.  I kick myself daily for not getting into this sooner.  It's the hardest workout I've done in a long time even though it's not hard to do.  

For those of you that are unfamiliar, Sadie Lincoln, founder of barre3 fitness says it best 
Most barre-based classes use a combination of postures inspired by ballet and other disciplines like yoga and Pilates. The barre is used as a prop to balance while doing exercises that focus on isometric strength training (holding your body still while you contract a specific set of muscles) combined with high reps of small range-of-motion movements.
I'm never NOT sore when I leave.  Also, the teachers are amazing. I've taken classes with a few different teachers but the most with the owner, Julie. She's super knowledgeable, encouraging, attentive to every person in class (making adjustments, calling out encouragements, etc) and totally not afraid to call you out on your shit if you're taking it too easy.



Between Barre and putting in the time and miles, I'm hoping that if I keep this up for a while, I'll start to see some seriously awesome body changes. Not to mention add some awesome races medals in the process !

Here's the countdown:


24 Days


39 Days (With Alyssa & Tracy !)


47 Days


59 Days

4 comments

  1. Barre scares the crap out of me. And I'm signed up for an Ironman...I don't know what it is that seems so scary, but major props to you! I'm glad you've found something you enjoy so much and I'm sure it's making you stronger for running! Btw I see RnR on your schedule...I have a lot of races and travel already planned for April but I'm thinking about doing it! It's 2 weeks before Big Sur and I'll need to run like 12 that weekend anyway so perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have done one barre class - it was awesome and so hard. i really want to do more, but they are on at weird times at my gym and i don't want to pay to go to an actual studio (they are so expensive and i already pay so much for my gym). but seriously, congrats for being such a badass and that's so awesome you are loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through the link up :)

    Barre class sounds like such a good workout, but the classes around here are crazy expensive so I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I used to do ballet and used pilates for strength training so it sounds like something I would really enjoy.

    Good luck with your training!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you have to pass on Tobacco Road but glad to hear you can transfer so at least it's not a total loss!

    I want to try barre so badly, I have for a while. As a former ballerina it's like, duh. But with all the time I spend sweating in two different ways already, I don't need another thing to get addicted to! I will try it eventually though. There's a Barre Method and two other non-franchise studios in Montclair that I want to check out.

    What distance is your St. Paddy's run?

    Thanks for returning to the blog for the linkup! :)

    ReplyDelete

You make my heart happy when you leave me comments ! I respond to all of them via email :) Thanks for being a rockstar !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Design + Developed by Blog Boutique