Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Twenty-Nine

I turned 29 years old on Saturday.  For the first time in 4 years, I was able to travel home and spend my actual day of birth with my family and friends in the house and town I grew up in.  My heart is just so full from this weekend.



29 is a boring birthday.  It's the Thursday of birthday's.  You only get excited about it because it means 30 is next.  And you can rejoice in saying that your awful 20's are over ! Don't get me wrong, I have had some really amazing things happen in my 20's and I've grown and learned and thrived these past few years in particular.  But no one cares when you're in your late 20's; they care that you're almost 30. I may or may not be planning my 30th birthday adventure as you're reading this.

I'm not really one of those people that start freaking out all, "OMG I HAVE TO DO X,Y, & Z BEFORE I TURN 30!" because honestly, I act either 5 or 50, look like I'm 18, have a job meant for a fresh out of college 20 year old, and aspire to hermit status like I'm 80 and over society, so age really means nothing to me.  Birthdays are usually just a reason for me to say "Hi ! Pay attention to me !" for a day and not feel selfish for saying it.


(Accurate portrayal of me on my birthday)

However, with the culmination of my birthday weekend, I now have my sights set squarely on: race season.  That's right Ladies & Gents, the fall race season of 2016 is upon us !

Races I've signed up for:

  • Oktoberfest 8K
  • American Tobacco Trail 10 Miler
  • City of Oaks 10K

Races I've verbally committed to but have yet to sign up for:

  • Day of the Dead 5K
  • Richmond Half Marathon 
  • Turkey Trot 8K
Which means that if I run all 6 races, I will be at about 42 miles in just over a month.  The first 3 will put me at about 21 miles in 4 weeks.  Does anyone remember this past spring ? Yeah, I think I have a problem.  



And because as much as I wanted this blog to be a lifestyle blog as opposed to a training blog, I can't seem to get myself to sit down and write about my life when training isn't happening.  This place holds me accountable for making sure I get out and do what I need to do so gosh darn it, I'm going to use it ! And yes, I'm sure normal life stuff will spill in so BONUS !




3 comments

  1. So, so glad we were able to finally celebrate a birthday together. Was wonderful seeing you all this weekend! Can't wait to do it all again in Richmond in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy belated birthday! glad you were able to spend it with friends and family. i thought 29 was pretty good lol but yes it's a thursday of birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy super belated birthday! I'm so sorry I'm a million years late but I'm glad that you had a great time celebrating! You're right, 29 is really the Thursday of birthdays. My 29th is in a month and I'm slightly freaking out because my mom had me right after her 29th, but other than that I'm happy to be one year closer to 30.
    Your race schedule is fantastic! Super happy Alyssa talked you into doing Richmond again :) And I am with you on the last bit...I sort of hate that my blog has become solely a training blog but at the same time, I try to do more than just say, "I ran x miles at y pace" so other life tidbits definitely get thrown in!

    ReplyDelete

You make my heart happy when you leave me comments ! I respond to all of them via email :) Thanks for being a rockstar !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Design + Developed by Blog Boutique