Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Well, There's That.

I had a really cool idea for a post yesterday.  It ever so delightfully popped into my head as I was getting ready to fall sleep and I figured I would remember it when I woke up.  So I got up this morning, went about my morning routine, opened up a fresh page to write down the awesome idea I had and ....




Ummm...not a freaking clue.  I couldn't even begin to tell you what I was going to write about.  I thought about getting up and making notes to myself last night but the bed was comfy and the blankets had claimed me as one of their own.




So there's that.  





In lieu of anything deep and meaningful or heartfelt and inspirational, I figured what better time to tell you about one of my favorite parts of blogging: the gifs.

My obsession with gifs started about 4 years ago when I found (and have been a slave to ever since) Tumblr.  Post after post were these little 3 second animated pictures of happiness that made me giggle.  I had only hoped that one day, I too would be able to use these to emphasize my points to people.  And here we are !




I sometimes find myself rephrasing what I'm saying or changing posts entirely because I stumbled on a gif I just HAD to use. They just make things better.  I mean, I could have just said "Guys I forgot what I was going to write today, come back tomorrow for Wednesday's linkup confessions post !" like last week's and you all could have gone on with your lives.  But tell me Dumbledore doesn't sum that all up quite nicely for you and just adds awesomeness to the whole thing. 

And let me tell you, I have gifs for EVERYTHING. Like this one of Ryan Gossling to convey how you're all probably looking at this post, questioning why you're still readying and waiting for the point of this post to happen:




This one for showing you how I feel bad that I don't have anything better prepared for you:




Or this one when you realized that you're still reading a post about, well...nothing:




But you feel better about it, don't you ? Like you've been given a little nugget of joy, a small present for being awesome and reading.  So to those of you who've stuck it out and who put up with my useless rambling because my brain has decided to take a vacation today,




You're awesome and I thank you.  Now please excuse me while I head to Gigi's cupcakes for $2 Tuesdays. 


5 comments

  1. Gifs kind of make everything okay though, so you're forgiven. Especially because of all the gifs of the Gos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I love all your gifs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GIFS are always fun. And I see Monty Python up there! Loving it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of your gifs!! Also, I too wish I had enough in savings where I could just peace out of my job to find a new one. That would be UH-mazing...because while I love my job, the people I work for are just asshats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is this great book you are reading?!

    ReplyDelete

You make my heart happy when you leave me comments ! I respond to all of them via email :) Thanks for being a rockstar !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Design + Developed by Blog Boutique